Saturday 19 July 2014

Simplicity 2692 - Evening Gown - Cleopatra



I needed to make a Cleopatra costume for a theme-party I went to. I didn't want it looking too costume-y so I used an evening dress pattern with the neckline I was after.




See progress pictures below:



















I hand-sewed on some gold trim I purchased from Spotlight.


FINISHED!! She hung lovely and I felt beautiful swirling in it all night!




I completed the look with some excess trim around my head and two metallic cuffs.

A black wig, stylized make-up and a very heavy spray tan were also used!


Photo



Please feel free to comment and share!
Alyce xx

1 comment:

  1. Costume parties are so much fun! Your dress looks fantastic:) Cleopatra never looked so good;)

    ReplyDelete


Leave me a comment!

♥ Alyce x