Thursday 18 December 2014

New Look 6107 - Misses Sportswear - (Basic Skirt)





Hello internet folks!

I'm in the process of making another pattern (TBA later) which is driving me up the wall. I wanted a quick and simple one-day job to give me the sewing satisfaction I craved. 

I chose to make a simple skirt using New Look 6107.
I liked the simple darts, waistband as well as the below-knee length.

I was inspired to make something yellow after seeing some lovely yellow skirts from Review's Spring collection, and the realisation that I did not actually own any yellow clothing.

A couple of inspiration pieces:



As it turned out, I had in my fabric stash a quilting cotton with a floral yellow print. I'm not a huge fan of using quilting cotton for clothing as it tends to wrinkly pretty badly, yet the busy print of this one seemed to disguise that trouble.

I cut a size 16, although it probably would have been a better, more precise fit with a 14. 
The pattern is unlined but I chose to add a lining using a white Italian anti-static lining.

I followed the hem allowance precisely, yet the dress still fell above the knees. I can only assume that the model on the envelope was quite petite.


See images below:






Style Notes:









Please feel free to comment, pin and share :)



No comments:

Post a Comment


Leave me a comment!

♥ Alyce x